Thursday, February 20, 2014

Oh my gosh oh my gosh my favourite wine

This is my favorite Saltram wine. A taste of this stuff is inevitably followed by a "OOooooooH!!!" from the customers at the cellar door.
Most people have heard of, tried, or are converted to Pepperjack Shiraz. It's an easy-drinking classic made by Richard Mattner. This, my friends, is the grown-up big brother.
Full-bodied, fruity, and with enough tannic backbone to deal with Porterhouse steak, this Langhorne Creek sourced shiraz will tickle your fancy. Oooh yes.

Pepperjack (Saltram) Barossa
2012 Shiraz (Porterhouse Matched)
Langhorne Creek
14.5%
Colour:
Clear
Deep ruby
Nose:
Clean
Medium-pronounced intensity
Cinnamon
Blackberry
Raspberry
Tobacco
Cherry brandy
Toasty (American oak)
Palate:
Dry
High acid
Low-med tannin
Full body
Sour cherries
Blackberries
Slight star anise on finish
Black tea on finish
Jammy fruit
Medium length finish
We tasted this wine after two days of opening, an indication of its' long cellaring potential; the juicy fruit and acidity were still there. I love the fruit, mouthfeel and density of this wine. It's powerful yet still not overpowering. Seriously, this stuff sells itself! Nic finds it too "in yer face", however this is my blog and I'll rave if I want to. Hahaha.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment